The Workplace Parking Levy (WPL) is a congestion charging scheme that was bought in to effect in Nottingham in October 2011. This WPL is a charge based on employers who provide workplace parking for employees, regular business visitors, and pupils or students attending training or education courses. Nottingham City Council have introduced this levy as a means of combating problems associated with traffic congestion, through providing funding for major transport infrastructure initiatives and incentivising employers to manage their workplace parking provision. It is the responsibility of the employer to obtain a WPL license, and where they provide 11 or more liable workplace parking places there is a cost of £424 per place (for licencing period 1st April 2020 to 31st March 2021).
Enterprise are offering Nottingham businesses the chance to swap their spend on Workplace Parking Levy (WPL) for double the value in Car Club drivetime. Give up a workplace parking place and use the saving (£424) to benefit from £848 worth of driving credit to use for corporate-related travel needs. This offer is available to both existing Enterprise Car Club corporate accounts as well as new corporate members joining the club. Please note that this is not applicable for workplace parking places occupied by car club vehicles used for business-related travel and the offer cannot be used for commuting to and from work.
Find out more today about how you can sign up to Enterprise Car Club for your businesses mobility needs and benefit from £848 worth of driving credit...
Terms & conditions apply.
Terms of Offer
1. The Workplace Parking Place Credit Scheme (Scheme) provides a credit to business members of the Enterprise Car Club (ECC) in return for such member relinquishing a Workplace Parking Place (WPP).
2. Where a business relinquishes a WPP and no longer has to pay the Workplace Parking Levy (WPL) for such parking place, the business will be entitled to an ECC credit (Credit) on payment by the business of a sum equivalent to cost-saving of the WPL to Enterprise. Such Credit shall be calculated as follows:
a. the business shall pay to Enterprise the cost-saving of the then-current WPL, which is currently £424 per WPP as of April 2019;
b. Businesses can receive a Credit in relation to up to four (4) WPP (i.e. a total of £1693)
c. Enterprise will then provide a Credit to the business which is equal to two (2) times the annual WPL amount which has been paid to Enterprise in (a) above;
d. The total amount of Credit available which will be paid between 1 April 2019 and 31 March 2020 for the current WPL year is therefore £3292 (i.e. double the WPP saving of £1696).
e. The WPL will be increased in line with the Retail Price Index each year and the Credit will be increased accordingly to equal the WPL as set out on the website at: https://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/information-for-residents/transport-parking-and-streets/parking-and-permits/workplace-parking-levy
3. Businesses will need to provide Enterprise with written evidence of WPL from the previous year and the current year to demonstrate that applicable number of WPP have decreased. Upon receipt of satisfactory evidence (and completion of opening an ECC account if one is not already open), Enterprise will issue an invoice for the appropriate amount as determined in 2 above.
4. Credit will be accumulated in the businesses' dedicated corporate ECC account within 30 days of payment of the invoice by the business.
5. The Scheme is open to business members of Enterprise Car Club (ECC) with a corporate account or an individual virtual account for business use.
6. Sign-up to ECC can be through corporate membership or a virtual/corporate account. Where the business seeks Credit for more than one WPP, the business must open a corporate account for ECC.
7. For business membership, Enterprise will offer a discount of £60 for the initial sign-up to ECC when participating in the Scheme. Any additional members must be paid for in full.
8. Where businesses or employees sign-up to a virtual account, Enterprise will offer the first year of ECC membership for free (equivalent to a saving of £60). The members will then be charged £60 per year for each subsequent year of membership to the ECC.
9. Full details of Car Club membership and the Car Club Terms and Conditions are set out here: https://www.enterprisecarclub.co.uk/gb/en/terms/terms-and-conditions.html
Use of Credit
10. Credit will be redeemable for a period of 12 months and in such locations as determined by the business’s agreed corporate ECC account terms.
11. The Credit must be used by ECC members who are using an ECC vehicle for business-related journeys only. Credit cannot be used commuting purposes. If an ECC vehicle is used for commuting to the business’s premises, then the WPL liability is attracted to the business.
12. The business is responsible for ensuring that ECC members act in accordance with the Car Club Terms and Conditions. The relevant conditions must be reflected in the internal travel policies of the business.
13. The redemption of the Credit will be calculated in accordance with the ECC daily rental rates agreed between Enterprise and the business at the time of opening the ECC corporate account for the duration of your ECC vehicle rental reservation (ECC Rental Period).
14. Visit the website https://www.enterprisecarclub.co.uk/gb/en/terms/terms-and-conditions.html for the Car Club Terms and Conditions and details of how to find a Car Club Vehicle.
15. Unless otherwise specified, the Credit cannot be redeemed against any additional charges including optional excess waiver, one way hire charges, fuel charges, additional driver and young driver charges, hire of additional items including but not limited to child seats, snow chains, roof racks and navigation guides.
16. This offer is subject to vehicle availability and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer, discounted rate, previous or existing reservations.
17. This offer and these terms and conditions are additional to, and do not replace any terms of the agreement in relation to your rental, which contains important provisions relating to the hire of any vehicle and which shall continue to apply in full for the rental.
18. This offer and these terms and conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them, are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of this offer and these terms and conditions in the English courts.
19. The Scheme only applies to Enterprise Car Club and not to Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Flex-E-Rent.
20. If you have any questions on the Scheme, please contact Kendall.email@example.com.