How to use an EV
- Using one of our EV's is as easy as any other Enterprise Car Club vehicle, plus we've created simple to use guides, perfect for when you need a little extra help and assistance. (You can find them listed further down).
- You can book any of our vehicles through our website or top-rated mobile app, simply filter your search to electric vehicles or hybrids to find options near you.
- Instead of a fuel card, all of our electric cars come with a charge card. Simply use this to unplug the charging cable from the post and then you are ready to go. (But don't forget to take the cable with you!)
- Just like vehicles with a fuel range, our EV's will display how many miles you have left until the charge runs out, so don't forget to keep an eye out for this!
- At the end of the booking, using the charge card, simply plug the charging cable back in to the post and the vehicle so that it can be kept charging ready for the next user.
A Guide to Recharging
- All of our electric vehicle bays have a dedicated charging post.
- You'll find the charge card located in the glove box of the vehicle.
- To disconnect the vehicle from the charging post, simply hold the card over the post until the light turns green - you'll then be able to unplug the cable. So that you can charge up throughout your rental, please remember to take the charging cable with you.
- There's plenty of EV charging operators across the UK (meaning plenty of choice for you!) - most of our vehicles have a card that works on the Chargemaster network. If you use a charging post from a different operator you can easily claim back the cost via our mobile app.
- Whilst on your journey, you can check out Zapmap, Ecotricity, Charge Your Car or Google Maps to locate your nearest charging post; perfect for pre-planning your pit stops!
- Most of our EV's can run up to 100 miles on one charge, however this can vary depending on your speed, AirCon usage, driving style, radio usage and heating usage.
- Our vehicles typically take about 4 hours to full charge, however this can vary depending on if you are charging at a high-speed charger.
Want to find out more?
We checked in with one of our members to find out about his epic electric experience driving from London to the Isle of Wight. You can read his story (complete with tips) here.
Ease yourself in to electric with one of our Hybrid vehicles...
Not 100% sure on testing out a full EV just yet? No problem, at Enterprise Car Club we offer a number of EV alternatives that are part electric, part fuel engine; perfect for those still getting used to the idea of a fully electric car. You can either opt for the next best thing; a plug-in hybrid, such as our Toyota Plug-in Prius, or simply a standard hybrid, like the Toyota C-HR or Toyota Yaris. You'll find some of our vehicle options below.
View our handy how-to guides:
If you're in need of a little more guidance to familarise yourself with our full EV's, plug-in hybrids and standard hybrids, then check out our vehicle guides below. You'll also find them attached to your booking confirmation and printed in our vehicles.
Check out these useful videos by the Energy Savings Trust to find out more about the Nissan Leaf and Toyota Prius.